Friday, January 11, 2008

The Voice Inside of Me

My 2006 Resolution; “To listen to that voice inside of me each and every time she speaks!!”
How often do you hear yourself say, “Ahhhhh! I knew I should have done that, said that, retrieved that, gone there, bought that, etc…?” If your anything like me, probably too many times to mention, much less brag about.
That voice is our inner self, the self that truly knows who we are, telling us in every situation just what we should be doing, yet we ignore it time and time again. Often times we actually ask someone else what we should do.
So, I thought, maybe If I started listening to the little voice and it’s little suggestions I could learn to trust it and just see what happens…
Well this soon became very exciting as I could actually and tangibly see my life improving every-time I simply listened and did what I was intuitively instructed to do. Humbly, I learned that I argue with myself often and I learned that I questioned and doubted myself little voice alot. However, I did come to the exciting realization that if I didn’t question it, even if it was completely ilogical I began to say, “Ahhhhh, darn it! I knew it!!! more and more less often.
If something, aka ‘the little voice’ would tell me that I needed to stop the engine, go back in the house and put the fork in the dishwasher, than time and again I’d find out that, O’ perhaps that I’d left the iron on or forgot an important item I ‘d later need that day. If I was applying mascara and something told me to stop, go get the camera before you forget it and I listened, I had the camera and sure enough I come to find out that I needed it later that day. There are also times that I didn’t tangibly see a result so I chose to just believ that although it didn’t impact me directly, maybe the 30 seconds I had spent, kept the car behind me from running a red light and killing someone else. The sky is the limit when you think of it that way.
It was becoming a fun game if you will and just as often the times I would argue and not listen and do, I’d pay the price later. At times it is so silly and at times so huge.
As the year has now turned into almost 2, I, through practice have become very aware that it is not in-fact ‘a little voice’ but quite ‘a big voice’. Once I moved myself and what I want to hear out of the way the voice in my soul began to sing loud and clear. It is life changing and truly amazing and a fun game to play until you get it and it becomes a lifestyle.
We know the answers, we know what we need to do, what we should do, but somewhere along the line we learned instead to doubt ourself and put trust in others beliefs and society’s expectations. I believe everything happens for a reason and that if we quiet our-self long enough to just listen we will hear what we are meant to hear.
Perhaps it’s our own voice inside of us speaking, perhaps it’s intuition, perhaps its the angels whispering, perhaps its the Lord so badly wanting us to hear him. What ever it may be, I know you all have heard it, I know you hear it daily as I do. But my question is, “are you listening?’ and if not, “WHY?”
I’m just asking you to listen, play my game, I promise it will change your life just as it has mine.

No comments: